Spiced Purple Potato-Cauliflower Bake
Want to see an ENTIRE head of cauliflower disappear magically at your family dinner or at an intimate party? With the help of purple sweet potatoes that have a rich, almost winey flavor, this colorful and delicious dish is sure to please every palate. Be ready to glow in the shower of compliments.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 6 People
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil Or any other high heat oil
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Florets Cut into 2" pieces
- 2 Cups Purple Sweet Potato Cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder Or to Taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder Freshly ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt Or to Taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lime Juice
Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Dice into 1-inch cubes. Wash cauliflower and pull out the florets. Cut large ones to about 2-inch pieces. Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
Sprinkle cumin powder, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder over the veggies. Drizzle avocado oil and mix well until the vegetables are evenly coated with the spices and oil.
Transfer to a baking tray and place the veggies in a single layer. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the veggies for 15 mins. Sprinkle salt, gently turn the veggies over, and grill for 15 more mins. I have used a counter top toaster oven for this recipe. If you are using a conventional oven, check frequently and alter the bake-grill times.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over the veggies and serve hot.
*Use organic ingredients wherever possible
- Orange sweet potatoes will work too, but the bake-grill times may be shorter.
- Use your imagination with spices. Substitute Asian spices with dried oregano, marjoram, basil or thyme or any combination of these. The original recipe had generous amounts of ginger and basil leaves in the dish.
- I have used a counter top toaster oven for this recipe. If you are using your outdoor grill or your convection oven, the bake-grill times may vary.
- One of the keys to successfully roasting vegetables is to make sure the vegetables are cut into similarly sized pieces. Cauliflower and purple sweet potato have similar densities, so their bake time is the same. If you are using any other combination of veggies, like bell peppers, then bake the cauliflower longer.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg