Chana dal is nothing but baby chickpeas that have been split and polished. Chana dal is highly nutritious even when is roasted or powdered to make the besan i.e. chickpea flour or Bengal gram flour. It has a rich flavor and aroma.
- Chana dal is high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol
- It also has a very low hypoglycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes
- Chana dal is a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein
- It is low in fat and most of it is polyunsaturate
- Chana dal is extremely delicious in taste, full of nutritious and can be digested easily